[mythtv-users] PVR-350: audio without patch cable

Andreas Weder aweder at mac.com
Wed Mar 10 12:09:14 EST 2004

Niklas,

> > I wonder how many of you are using a PVR-350 with mythTV without
> > an audio patch cable, but in a setting, which makes the PVR-350
> > take audio over the PCI bus.
> >
> > Did you have to apply any special settings in modules.conf?
>
> Are you talking about MPEG2 ore generic video (divx etc.)? The first you
> get for free, the second I have no idea about but would very much like to
> know. =)
>
> What I do know is that the audio cable that breaks out from the
> included-in-Sweden SCART cable has no signal whatsoever when I play back
> MPEG2... :(
>
> Or are you talking about audio-in?

sorry for not being clear here.

I meant audio when recording a show off the TV tuner, so I
meant the first one.

The reason why I'm asking this is because I get audio when
I freshly install ivtv and mythTV, but then loose it seemingly
forever after one reboot.

I've had this behaviour for a long time and am trying to
trace the cause.

Thanks
Andreas