[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] Isaac's unemployment

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Tue Mar 9 20:52:51 EST 2004

Tobias Hilbert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2004 00:27 schrieb Kendrick Vargas:
>
>>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, dan wrote:
>>
>>>I deleted Isaac's post by accident so I'm replying to the parent:
>>>
>>>Isaac, if your uncomfortable, what about setuping up a bounty system with
>>>the donations?
>>>
>>>Just a thought. . .
>>
>>I was thinking just that, I wonder how much of a price people would
>>contribute towards a more integrated "Burn Playlist to CD" or "Burn
>>Video(s) to DVD" sorta option :-)
>

> I would donate 50 bucks for a "burn selected recordings to DVD (with a simple
> DVD-menu)"
>

>>I'm sure there are other things that
>>people would be willing to chip into to get on the front of their agenda!
>>			-peace

While I agree that some of the things mentioned above would be nice to
have, I wonder if this is one of the reasons that some folks may be
uncomfortable taking donations. Please don't misunderstand, I am not
trying to single out either of the above authors, just replying to get
this in the thread.

Is it possible that some folks are uncomfortable with taking donations
because they are afraid that these donations may be used to try to steer
development? I don't think there is anything wrong with a developer
agreeing to prioritize tasks based on donations/bids, but some
developers may not want to go that route. I personally don't think that
should be a reason not to accept donations. Just make it known up front
that donations won't steer development.

just my $.02,

kr

--