[mythtv-users] X freezes with high CPU - nvidia

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Tue Mar 9 16:12:14 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:48:29AM +1000, Christian Hack wrote:

> > 4363 is the last version to support overscan and the proper syncing
> > signals.  That's why it's recommended, without those two the TV out
> > sucks pretty badly.
> >
> > Do you have APIC (note not ACPI) turned on in your bios?  If you do turn
> > it off that should help quite a bit.
>
> I'm using 4363 drivers and already have interrupt mode set to PIC and not
> APIC and still get the problem about once a day, so that's definitely not
> the be all and end all solution - not that you suggested it was.
>
> This is on AMD XP2400 and Asus A7N266-VM Nforce1 mobo.
>
> I'd say it's just dodgy drivers.

I've been using the nvidia drivers in most of my PCs here (7 systems
currently running with X on nvidia cards) for some time (~2 years or so)
and can't say that I've had a lockup related to them.

--
Jamin W. Collins

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith