[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Mar 9 15:46:22 EST 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:58:45AM -0600, bobnvic at everestkc.net wrote:
>> What are the advantages of reading from the backend as opposed to
>> either from an SMB share (which seems rather jittery on my system
>> over 11g) or by using the url for each recording from MythWeb (which
>> provides a smoother playback on my system, although I have to
>> actually copy the url from mythweb into wmp9)?
>
> I didn't know you could do this with mythweb/url/wmp9. Do you
> have a sample URL to show how it's done?
>
> -David

Wmp9: File -> Open URL...
Type something like myth://ip_of_backend:6543/filename.nuv
You have to change the ip_of_backend and filename.nuv part.

You can even open urls like: myth://ip_of_backend:6543/subdir/a_file.avi
Mythbackend doesn't care about what kind of file it is.

Wmp9 will complain a bit about not being able to recognize the url, but just
click yes and it will open just fine.
This works with inprogress recordings too.

Seeking may not work very well with files that's being recorded as you watch
them, it looks like it's a problem with most player apps.

If mythweb coud provide links to the recordings with this kind of urls you
coud just click on the link in mythweb and your player app will open the
file and play it directly from mythbackend without having to type anything
in manualy.