[mythtv-users] Combining video sources?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 13:13:41 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 10:48, Bruce Smith wrote:
> First let me say that MythTV is GREAT!!!
> Now, on to the stupid questions:   :-)
>
> I have a system setup with two TV cards.  On is hooked to a Motorola
> digital cable box (channels 2-999) with the external program changing
> channels via a serial cable, and the other TV card is hooked to the
> analog cable coax cable (channels 2-99) using the card's tuner.
>
> It's really the same video source, except the analog connected TV
> card can't receive channels 100-999.  I have it setup with two video
> sources because of that.  It would be really nice to have them use
> the same video source, and also it understand the channel limitations
> on the analog connected TV card ... is that possible?
>
> Also, when watching live TV, is it possible to select/swap with TV
> card it uses?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!!!
> Bruce.

I *think* there have been some experimental upgrades to the scheduler
lately that enable channels on 2 different sources (or even the same
source) to be considered as being the same channel if their callsigns
are identical.  So, you could try upgraded to CVS and then make sure
all of your 'doubled' channels have matching callsigns in your database
(I think you can set this up with the channel editor in mythtvsetup).
Search the archives for the recent thread(s) about scheduler changes.

The default key to switch cards in LiveTV is 'Y'.

-JAC