[mythtv-users] [OT] Can't transcode DVDs w/MythDVD on FC1 (ATrpms kernel)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 9 03:40:28 EST 2004

On Mar 8, 2004, at 17:29, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>>> I'm able to rip just fine using FC1 and Axel's RPMs.  Though I did
>>> have to change the codec to xvid4...
>>
>> Hmmm... I'll give it a try... what version of transcode are you using
>> & from which repo?
>>
> transcode-0.6.12-1.fr
>
> To be honest I'm not sure which repo it came from.

The fr tag indicates FreshRPMs.

Oh, and I've never ripped a DVD on my system (I use dvd::rip on my
Linux workstation or forty-two on my Mac), so I'm not sure how useful
this is, but I had some issues with avidemux2 transcodes dying due to a
problem with lame 3.9.5. Backing off to 3.9.3 (from DAG's repo) cured
that problem. Doubtful that it applies, since you are having problems
with previews, well before getting to any audio processing, but lame
wasn't anywhere near my first suspect either...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/