[mythtv-users] Notes on Jarod's guide

tom gill tgill2 at msn.com
Tue Mar 9 02:58:00 EST 2004

Excellent suggestions... I do have one or two of my own i'd like to add that
I had wished I had while using the guide as i'm basically a linux newbie
compared to a lot of you...

Add the new firmware to compile ivtv with as that helped alleviate some of
the problems I had after my first install attempt.

Add a small description in your section about editing the modules.conf file
about how to declare video 0, video 1, etc.  It took me a little while of
staring at it to realize it was in the alias declariations.  You have a
section about using two different cards, but not one for two of the same
card.  (Had two cards installed as video 0 my first time around.  Makes for
some interesting viewing.)  Hehe.  Thanks a ton, Jarod.