[mythtv-users] [OT] Can't transcode DVDs w/MythDVD on FC1 (ATrpms kernel)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 17:09:52 EST 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 16:33, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> >So, is anyone out there with a "Jarod's guide" installation
> > successfully ripping & transcoding DVDs?
> >
> >My last-resort solution will be to try and patch a vanilla kernel.
> > Has anyone done this?  I'll need at least XFS support & whatever is
> > required for ivtv (v4l2?).
>
> It's possibly the xvid differences that came up a while ago.  You can
> either, use DivX instead of xvid, or add a row something like this to
> your dvdtranscode table.  The key thing is that you replace the codec
> entries with xvid4.
>
> |     12 |      2 | ExcellentXvid4 |         2 |        1 |       0
> |          0 |        0 |         0 |          0 |          0
> |           0 |           0 |      0 |      0 |        0 |
> | 0 0 |          0 | xvid4 | [NULL]      |       0 |     [NULL]
> | [NULL] |        1 |

Nah, I don't think that's it... I tried DivX just to be sure.  Using
dvd::rip, transcode craps out just trying to generate preview images
from the ripped VOBs.  There's definitely a transcode issue going on
here...

I'm compiling transcode from source right now, as Axel suggested it
might be a packaging issue.

I'll post if I get any results.

-JAC