[mythtv-users] Struggling with DVB-T and AC3

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 8 08:13:28 EST 2004

I'm keen to hear about anyone who has had success with this too,
especially anyone around Sydney, AU.

Using ASLA:iec958 in myth, and leaving the AC3 passthrough checkbox
unchecked, normal stereo works through the optical output. When using an
AC3 PID, all I get is a bunch of 'blips'. If I enable the checkbox, I
don't get any audio on the optical output at all for stereo or AC3
streams, although the amp does seem to show some signs of life when
going into livetv (just a short click and nothing after that).

Using Ogle for dvd playback, 5.1 works fine through the optical output.

I'm also using ALSA 1.x with a SB Live (not platinum), 2.6.3 kernel and
Myth CVS from a few weeks after the 0.14 release.

-Kent