[mythtv-users] No audio on second Card

trash at ghearing.com trash at ghearing.com
Mon Mar 8 02:50:32 EST 2004

I'm using two Kworld kw-tv878rf BTTV cards with the 2.6.2 Kernel on Debian
unstable. I can't get audio from the second card, I have tried hooking
speakers directly to the second card and no sound. I don't use btaudio,
these cards don't have audio chips. The tuner works fine on each with my
current setup.

Under the 2.4.24 kernel I could get audio from both, I'm guessing this has
something to do with the way I'm inserting them. If I don't specify
card=70 I don't get audio from either card under 2.4.24 or 2.6.2.

My current /etc/modprobe.d/bttv is:

alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-* bttv
options bttv card=70 tuner=2 radio=1 bttv_gpio=1
options tuner type=2

I've also tried:

alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
options bttv card=70 tuner=2 radio=1 bttv_gpio=1
options tuner type=2

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have multiple BTTV cards setup
with a 2.6 kernel?