[mythtv-users] BSOD on MythTv Record

Craig E. Tull cetull at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 8 00:57:35 EST 2004

I'm running MythTv 0.14 and ivtv 0.19 on a Redhat 9 system w/ Alex
Thimm's ATrpms.
($ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-30_37.rh9.at #1 Wed Feb 18
14:32:02 EST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linu)
My video capture card is a WinTV PVR-350.

I installed and debugged the system with a monitor, but I'm now
running the system with only the TV for both X11 and TV viewing.

In the transition from Monitor+TV to just TV, I had to change the
input device from /dev/video1 to /dev/video0.

Good Symptoms:
* "Watch TV" works fine
* "Watch Recording" works fine (I recorded some shows while the
monitor was attached)

However, ...

Bad Symptoms:
* All recordings are Black Screen Of Darkness (BSOD) with no sound.

Wierd Symptoms:
* If I play one of the BSOD recordings, then "Watch TV" also shows
only the BSOD. I have to reboot to get the system back to "normal".

I've tried reconfiguring the system by rerunning mythtvsetup. To no avail.

I'm stumped at this point. Any ideas what I should do next?

- Craig