[mythtv-users] Tiped DVD in wrong language.

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 7 08:31:22 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 12:30:14AM +0100, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> stan wrote:

> >>It's linked to from the "general info/lists" page of the main MythTV
> >>site.  Here's the direct link:
> >>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/
> >

> >Thnaks, I found it.
> >
> >Now that I have read the mails there, my understnading is the
> >following:
> >
> >If I rip with the Perfect" option turned on, then the "language
> >select" option is ignored, and all languages are riped. Is this correct?
> >
> >The mails go on to say that I need then to convince my player to
> >play in the correct language. This leaves me puzzled.
> >
> >If I play a DVD from myth, it plays in English. This is done with
> >mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device /dev/dvd -fs -zoom -vo xv
> >
> mplayer --help says :
>  -alang/-slang    select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country
> code)
> >In video settings under player I find
> >
> >mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv
>
> Try this options to launch a vob file, if it's works why don't you use
> specific player command for vob files (mythvideo settings -> file
> association)

Well, this isn't working for me. I even wne so far as to try running
mplayer from an xterm with the -alang en flag aadded Jere's the exact
command line I'm trying:

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -alang en -vo xv >filenam>

And the audio is still in German.

Worse, when I try to rup n anything but "oerfect" mode, things process for a
few minutes, and then I get a message about losing conection to the
transcoder daemon.

Is it possible that I may need to cahnge the options to the riper task?

Looking at the settings uder DVD, I note that "Transcode AC3 Audio"
is _not_ checked, and that "Use xvid rather than dix" _is_ checked.

Does this sound correct?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin