[mythtv-users] RE: radeon 9200 se, no driver

Adam Felson a.f.5 at pobox.com
Sat Mar 6 18:04:48 EST 2004

> Why doesn't it work? I use a radeon 9200se in my myth
> box with ATI's driver, do some research on the linux
> forum at www.rage3d.com
>
> I use version 3.2.8 with a 2.6.3 kernel, I'll probably
> try 3.7.1 sometime soon but people have been
> experiencing a lot of problems with those.

Like I said, xfree86 4.3's radeon driver didn't recognize the chip;
4.4's radeon driver recognized the chip but didn't generate an NTSC
signal out the tv output.  ATI's driver didn't have xv support and I
barely got 10 frames/second running with an athlon XP 2400.

I've given up on the board.  I wasted 4 evenings with it and the closest
thing I found on google were others having the same problem as me.

I now have a gforce4 on order.