[mythtv-users] Tiped DVD in wrong language.

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Mar 6 17:31:11 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 04:54:52PM -0500, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> stan wrote:
>
> >Excuse my stupidity, but after searching around on the mythtv.org webs
> >siate, _and_ google, I did not find a searchable archive for this mailing
> >list.
> >
> >Could some kind soul point me to one?
> >

> It's linked to from the "general info/lists" page of the main MythTV
> site.  Here's the direct link:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/

Thnaks, I found it.

Now that I have read the mails there, my understnading is the
following:

If I rip with the Perfect" option turned on, then the "language
select" option is ignored, and all languages are riped. Is this correct?

The mails go on to say that I need then to convince my player to
play in the correct language. This leaves me puzzled.

If I play a DVD from myth, it plays in English. This is done with
mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device /dev/dvd -fs -zoom -vo xv

In video settings under player I find

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv

Looking through the mplayer man page, I don't see an option to
specify what languag audio to use.

Did I miss it in the many many options? If so, will adding
it to the video player command line have any detrimental effects
on the use of this to play back any other video formats?

Thanks for the help.
neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin