[mythtv-users] Audio out on PVR350 with SCART connector?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Mar 6 14:27:27 EST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Nick Kaijaks wrote:

> On 04 March 2004 23:38, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> >So. I went and got a SCART audio patch that sits between the TV and
> >the SCART connector, to connect to my sound card - but it turns out
> >that if I connect it, the sound in the PVR350<->SCART cable won't
> >work, so now I get sound in MythDVD and MythVideo, but not in
> >LiveTV/View recordings...
>  If you connect the 350 line-out into the sound card input, then this
> cable setup would work for both.

It should but it doesn't. Simply put, as long as the audio patch cable is
connected the audio through the PVR350 SCART cable doesn't work.

The only line-out of the 350 is the one sticking out from the computer end
of the SCART cable, right? I think I tried connecting that one to the
line-in of the Pundit's built-in sound card, made no difference (probably
because it doesn't actually disable the audio going through the SCART
cable itself).

I think the problem here is that with both the SCART cable and the audio
patch cable connected to the TV, I'm actually trying to connect two
signals to the same input (SCART audio), and since the audio patch cable
is between the SCART cable and the TV it will block the SCART sound since
there is no sound coming out from the sound card... however, when I play
DVDs or external video files in MythVideo, the audio patch cable will
carry the sound and the SCART cable won't.

Congratulations to anyone who read all the way through the above, BTW. I
really shouldn't write that kind of stuff at midnight after a long
workday... =)

/ Niklas