[mythtv-users] Freaky TV-out problem with nvidia GF4 MX440

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Mar 6 03:32:40 EST 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 23:11, Nowhere wrote:

> I changed the A90 monitor section to match exactly what Jarod lists in
> his XF86Config: With the change of the Vrefresh to 60-60 like below
> it’s not totally nuts anymore. The vsync seems ok but the horizontal
> show 2 and a half screens and is wiggly.  Nothing I change on the
> HorizSync line makes any difference.  What can I change?  Why did it
> work fine before and not now? Only difference was the monitor that was
> connected.

If possible, take a peek at documentation for you set, and see if it
might say anything about what the best frequencies to use are. You
might also try backing off from 1024x768 to 800x600 -- some TVs don't
like 1024 very much. Perhaps you were running 800x600 before? Outside
of those wild guesses, I have not a clue.

> Please help. I’m pulling my hair out. 6+hours of rebooting with
> different sync settings is killing me…

Ack. Don't reboot. Just restart X. (Edit XF86Config, hit
ctrl-alt-backspace to kill and reinit X).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/