[mythtv-users] Can I keep more than 9 days of schedule?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 5 17:29:06 EST 2004

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>> Is this a paramater that I can tweak somwhere?
>

> Tivo is paying TMS for the data, wheil presumably you're using XMLTV,
> which obtains its data by scraping zap2it's website.  I don't believe
> the zap2it data goes further than that.

Actaully, zap2it has just as much data as any other service
which is ~12days. The cutoff on the final day is something
shows that start by 5pm. This final day can be problemacic for
myth because you end up with a lot of listing for 4:30 until
midnight. I have my own local copy hacked so that it grabs
up to tweleve days but it also forcably removes the 11th and
12th day's data to avoid keeping the partial day and replacing
the 11th day with the full data (hopefully ;-).

In addition to avioding this partial day problem it may be a
good idea for myth to keep a little less anyway. With less data
queries can run a little faster. Since a only tomorrow's data
is updated for the latest listings changes, the first grab of
tomorrow's data is 7 days old when it is replaced. If it grabbed
tweleve days, tomorrow's data would be 11 days old until it was
updated so your information may not be as correct or complete as
it should be.

Still, I have on my todo list to grab as much data as possible
by first removing data from any days that have data but have
nothing starting after 8pm then grabbing data for the next day
until the result of the current day has nothing after 8pm.

--  bjm