[mythtv-users] choosing among these GeForce4s (help me)

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:23:50 EST 2004

>From: Franco <net.surfer at tiscalinet.it>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] choosing among these GeForce4s (help me)
>Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:01:09 +0100 (CET)
>
>I do thank for all the suggestions, but most stores don't accept
>international orders (e.g., newegg). I'm trying to buy all the stuff
>from the guys at: http://www.axiontech.com/ as I've already talked
>with them and they seem willing to ship internationally.
>
>Please give me suggestions for choosing a good, fanless, GeForce4
>in axiontech.com's catalogue  (or suggest me another store which
>is available to ship to Italy and has all the other pieces I'm
>looking for....)
>
>BTW, they have an Albatron model which is NEARLY the same as
>Robert's one, except it is 64 bit instead of 128... would this
>degrade performance so much?
>
>Franco

The only suggestion I can make that is listed on the Axion site is:

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=36383

which shows as special order and PNY shows it as discontinued.
So I guess that is not much help.  I only have experience with
PNY.  If you need fanless then you need to selected MX440se
on the Axion site (5 choices).  Not sure about the TV encoder
on other than the PNY card, so if you want TV out you may
or may not have problems.  Unless you are sure of the manu-
facturer it is always a crapshoot.

Good luck!

-- Harry O.