[mythtv-users] Quality difference from WinTV2000 to MythTV

Russell Gordon ragordon at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 5 08:36:14 EST 2004

Thanks for the info.  My WinTV2000 is setup as DVD Standard, which is
720x480 with a 4800kbps stream rate.  I setup myth to record at 720x480
at 8000kbps and it did improve the recording quality more than I thought
it would.  It still has a little noise compared to the WinTV2000.  I did
read about the IVTV DNR and it seems that it is only for non-encoder
cards, which leaves out the PVR-250.  In reading about the DNR with
Myth, I was led to the videofilter section of the channel setup in
MythWeb|Settings|Channels.  Does anyone know if this filter setting
applies to the PVR-250?

Thanks,

Russell