[mythtv-users] IR Control of new Myth box

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Fri Mar 5 00:28:29 EST 2004

Uh, yeah... I know big brother isn't watching me specifically, but they're watching, and don't you think that's concern enough?  Especially when I'm paying for the hardware, plus paying a monthly fee to use the hardware, for them to turn around and collect demographic information from me that they can then use to advertise to me?!  They should pay ME for that info.

Anyway... Not the topic of the post.  My question didn't really get answered.  Is there a standard that those of you in Myth-land have come accustomed to using for IR control?  I've looked at lirc.org, but there is a ton of information with links literally all over the internet for everything and anything.  I'm looking for something specific to Myth, and even more specific, I'm curious to find out what other users of Myth are using.  Is it a wide array of different IR hardware, or is it all pretty much the same thing, such as irman or something?

Also, is there a searchable archive of the mailing list anywhere?  The link on the myth website doesn't seem to be searchable.  It only lists all posts for that specific month, which makes finding something (such as the topic of this post) very difficult.

Thanks,

Michael