[mythtv-users] KnppMyth + PVR350 How can I get TV OUT?

Christian Mautner mythtv at mautner.ca
Thu Mar 4 21:39:28 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:51:00PM -0500, stan wrote:
[PVR-350]

> However, I don't get any sound.
>
> I have changed the line in /home/mythtv/.fwm/.fvwmrc to run just
> mythfronted, instead of KnoppMythrun, but I still don't get any sound out.
> I'm asuming that the sound should be on the S Video, right?
>
> This is my first exposure to S Video, so I could be wrong.

You are. The S Video connector does not carry sound. You have to grab
it off the rca cables. I feed it back to a soundcard and connect the
soundcard output to the TV, so I can mix in PCM, and play mythmusic,
for example. I think it's also necessary if you want to control the
volume from mythfrontend AFAIK.

chm.

--
christian mautner -- chm bei istop punkt com -- ottawa, canada