[mythtv-users] Kernel performance tuneing

Bill Warner wwarner42 at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 17:06:14 EST 2004

I am wondering about the file system cache flush time or what ever it
might be called.  I remember adjusting this years ago from the default
of 1 second to something like 5 seconds.  On a stable system with non
critical data this is not a problem.  on a mythtv system I would think
it might even be less critical other than the mysql side recording a
show and the system crashes you probably don't want the show any more
anyway.

The reason I am asking how to do this is I have a really noisy IBM drive
that syncs every second with a rather loud tick, tick, tick.  If I could
change this to only sync every 30 seconds or something it sure would be
nice.
--
Bill Warner <wwarner42 at cox.net>