[mythtv-users] Re: following Jarods FC1, hit a snag

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 4 15:16:08 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 11:31, D. Stark wrote:
> It occurs to me that my previous post might not be verbose enough. I have
> tried all the tricks related to lirc, and I'm still getting the
> dependancy bomb.

Go down the dependency chain until you hit the actual culprit. If
mythtv-suite is bombing on mythbrowser, try apt-get install mythbrowser,
and it'll tell you what its bombing on. Rinse and repeat.

> I also notice that my apt-get dist-upgrade removed most of KDE. That going
> to be an issue?

Only if you wanted to use KDE for your desktop environment. I've seen
apt-get want to do that as well... There are some goofy things that
happen w/the kde-redhat repo enabled (though its awesome to run an
updated KDE on our RHL7.3 dev stations at work!).

And I just had a thought. KDE getting removed could be your problem.
mythbrowser is Konqueror-based, and may depend on something that got
removed. Ack.

> And I see that I misspelled JarOd's name. My bad. :-)

Happens all the time, no worries. ;-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...