[mythtv-users] Svideo through SCART cable on european PVR350?

Nick Kaijaks nick at kaijaks.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 14:55:42 EST 2004

On 4 March 2004 08:35, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>My problems right now are that the GUI is too big

You should be able to tweak the x/y width and offsets in the myth setup
to only just overscan. It's in the docs somewhere...

>and that the 350 starts giving me the weird picture where the TV image
>is 3/4 the size and in the top left corner, without sound, loads of
>dropped frames, and garbage in the bottom and right edges...

Yuck. Not seen that myself...

>and I also want to figure out what recording
>resolutions I can use (seem to remember something like 720x576, 480x576

>and 352x288 being the only hardware-only options).

That sounds familiar, but I've not tried those values yet. I had a quick
look by trial and error when I first setup, but most resolutions seem to
have bad interlacing effects.

Instead, I bought a 160GB drive and just record *everything* at 720x576
:-)

Later,
Nick