[mythtv-users] Recommend: PCI video card with TV Out

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 10:41:41 EST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 19:13, Ed Benckert wrote:
> Speaking of nvidia's overscan, is there a horizontal overscan and a
> vertical? When I set the overscan large enough that it fits top to
> bottom, left to right it's WAY off the edges of the screen... when
> the left to right fits right, I've got 1" of black at the top of the
> screen.

For the cards with Nvidia-supported overscan (NV17 encoders), no.  The
overscan setting is a single number between 0.0 & 1.0.  For cards
supported by nvtv (Philips encoders), I don't know.

What resolution are you running X at?  If you're running X at a non-4:3
resolution, I'd think you'd get issues like that.

-JAC