[mythtv-users] commercial "entertainment PCs"

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Mar 4 02:57:30 EST 2004

> Van: Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>
>
> > Most of the time the biggest problem for those companies is getting
> > TV-guide date in a stable and legal way.
>
> There's nothing illegal about xmltv - it's just not particularly nice.

Hehe, no it's not illegal (that's not what I said), it's more kind of
'foggy'. If the company in questions says 'you use too much', you're gone,
simple. There's not really anything you can do about it.

Btw, here in Holland at least some channels seems to be eager to protect
their schedulings (like in, you need to pay for your usebase who gets the
scheduling, no redistibution, and starts at 10.000ppl or something), which
seems _really_ odd to me, but well...

	Henk Poley <><