[mythtv-users] Myth Viewing Habits Databasae

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Wed Mar 3 12:27:43 EST 2004

zaphod at comcast.net wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Agree with you that eventually this should be completely integrated into Myth so that I can access the information it provides me with my remote.

I understand where you are going with this, but lets not leave out the
local broadcasters when designing this.  As I just posted in another
message, I'm developing a website for a local TV station and could see a
use for adding a "mythrec" button that would automatically set a show to
  record.  To do this would require interaction with a web browser.
Meaning, I need to trigger the recording from my desktop PC (neither my
frontend nor backend have keyboards or web browsers.)

See my other post in the original thread for a file format suggestion
for triggering a single recording.  If we design this with BOTH
solutions in mind (web click & suggestion database), we'll have more
flexibility.

-Tony