[mythtv-users] commercial "entertainment PCs"

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Mar 2 18:59:05 EST 2004

> I'm just saying allow donations. Let me assist any way
> I can.

See, I think this is a great idea.  Donations to cover hosting costs, or
hardware donations for better testing of new cards, etc.

Personally, I love the idea of open source bounties, too.  It seems to
be working for Gnome, and I know that there is an ipod bounty for
rhythmbox (which is about to be claimed, if the mailing list activity is
any indication).   I mean, I would have probably put up a bit of money
for SVCD export support if I didn't have the skills to do it myself.

And if the major authors aren't cool with accepting donations, then
there should at least be something like "Want to donate and support
MythTV?  We don't accept donations, but would love it if you sent your
contribution over to the EFF/FSF/whoever"

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer