[mythtv-users] Where does mythtv get the frequencies from?

ebike at paradise.net.nz ebike at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 2 14:05:12 EST 2004

Frequency information is in a really odd place, I found. It took me ages to find
out how to set the channels correctly, and only with help from this forum.

The method is this:

1. With xawtv find out what channel numbers correspond to what on-air channel
for your country/town etc, write them down.

2. In the setup program (i.e run ./setup from mythtv/setup/ directory) goto the
channel editor page, goto the next page and you will find a setting called
"Frequency ID" (yep a confusing misnomer!!) and put in the channel number you
got from xawtv in there .... go figure!!

Cheers,
Bernie