[mythtv-users] mythmusic stuff

Yee-Ting Li ytl at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:49:34 EST 2004

I'm quite happy running my xbox myth system now (with both frontend and
backend on the xbox for now)  :) except for one thing;

In mythmusic, I have about 40GBs of songs; so naturally mythmusic is a
little slow (takes about 45sec to start playing anything!!), however, when
set on smart or random play mode, after it finishes a song, it often takes
about another minute to start another song!!! Is this normal? During this
time the frontend is completely unresponsive!

When I put it in no-shuffle mode or when I select a song, it comes up almost
instantaneously!... ???

Also, browsing the music collection is a bit of a pain; I don't want to
fluff around with playlists, but want to be able to basically browse stuff
in a similar way to iTunes - are there any plans to incorporate something
like this? Maybe even using the same itunes xml file?!!?

Finally, how does the album art work? does it download it automatically? Or
do I have to put a file in there myself?

Yee.