[mythtv-users] Re: Re:Using RCA DirecTv Remote with hauppague IR receiver (mini-how to)

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Tue Mar 2 11:10:45 EST 2004

> That's what I understand.  And I may actually get one of those remotes at
> a later time.  But being as I have this remote (and I actually do like a
> lot of the feel of it), it would be great if I knew an RC-5 compliant AUX
> code to plug in there.  I may just test it out some more until I do find
> one, but again if anyone on the list knows of one, I would be most obliged
> to have that and save the time of trial and error ;)  (FWIW, I don't even
> think 0081 is an acceptable code for any of the buttons).

If your remote is JP1 compatible (see
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml), you can download the device
upgrade code from here:

http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cKFEQL4_QLO0J_vUHuE6rbEZilBypwVzRmU__mdf7KPv1zayRUSWhXwJj6ScCRN6DrNglyalnUbhKWdKlbzdyCaiNwwwkChZ1fj6fcF0HfUM/3.%20Device%20Codes/Misc/Hauppauge_PVR250_Capture_Card.txt

It will make you remote emulate the Hauppauge remote. You can even use the
unmodified Hauppauge lircd.conf file and have both remotes functional.

Bolek