[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Tue Mar 2 10:10:06 EST 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> >
> >> Just wanted to tell that I have released a new version of the
> >> directshowfilters for mythtv (0.5).
> > I've used the .4 version on my laptop and main computer and saw bad
> > interlacing.  Is there some way to deinterlace the video?
> There is filters that mythbackend can use when recording. Some of the
> filters is used to deinterlace the video.
> The filters is applied per channel and can be added from either
> the channel enditor in mythweb or the channel editor in the setup
> program.

Unfortunately I have a PVR-250, which I don't believe will allow me to
use filters while recording.  I do transcode the files to mpeg-4, I
wonder if I can deinterlace during transcode?

> > What are the advantages of reading from the backend as opposed to
> > from an SMB share
>
> Without the network filter some data will be read twice and the
> reads will not be sequential. The network filter adds a small cache to
> avoid seeking, this lowers network utilization and improves preformance
> a bit.

I had also noticed that I couldn't seek in the files.  Is this only true
if I'm not accessing the file through the backend?

Thanks for your help,

Bob