[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.0 rpms

Øystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Tue Mar 2 07:06:40 EST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 23:32, Greg wrote:
> YES!! You the man!! I will give them a go when I get a chance, then I can
> move back to SUSE from mdk9.2.
> Have you managed to get lirc and ivtv working ok? With the help of others I
> managed to get ivtv working but not lirc, on SUSE anyway.

Ivtv is working, and I'm considering building an ivtv-kernel_module.rpm. I've
not tried lirc yet on SUSE.
	I first installed suse on my machine, but gave up since I couldn't get
mythmusic to work. I then tried gentoo, which worked pretty well, i.e. ivtv &
lirc was up and running. But ebuilds failed to often for my taste. Even
though I always managed to fix the errors, I dropped gentoo after 4 months.
So a week ago I went back to SUSE.
	I will look into getting lirc and ivtv working on SUSE, and I figured out how
to that on gentoo, I think I should be able tothat on SUSE also. All the
modules are now built.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no