[mythtv-users] video no longer available

Rory O'Connor rory at thewhiteroom.com
Tue Mar 2 02:22:13 EST 2004

I'm not sure if this is a mythtv problem, or perhaps ivtv.  I got myth working with video earlier...but somehow in the process of trying to get my PVR-250 remote working the video has become unavailable.  Viewing the output of 'mythfrontend' it appears to be a problem with the decoder (see output below).  I was using ivtv-0.1.9 and tried downgrading to 0.1.7 but it's the same.  the ivtv modules are loaded and there doesn't appear to be any problems (i checked dmesg and /var/log/messages). The mythbackend.log doesn't say anything either.

Any help is appreciated!

my setup:
mandrake 9.1 with stock 2.4.21-0.13mdk kernel
hauppauge PVR-250 card
ivtv 0.1.7 driver
myth compiled from CVS snapshot

here's the output from 'mythfrontend':
taking too long to be allowed to read..
taking too long to be allowed to read..
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
Waited 14 seconds for data to become available, aborting
Couldn't read file: rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/var/video//ringbuf2.nuv
2004-03-02 00:50:57 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2004-03-02 00:50:57 Decoder not alive, and trying to play..