[mythtv-users] Is an IDE hard drive enough?

D Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 23:23:08 EST 2004

I'm still not sure why everyone thinks really fast drives are necessary.
Really, get the slowest, quietest, coolest drive you can, and it will still
be much faster than it needs to be.

I've done LVM PVE moves to a new disk while recording, not a single hiccup.
(Migrating the partition to a new disk without downtime).