[mythtv-users] firmware src.rpm upgraded to 1.8 (22035)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Mar 1 20:07:52 EST 2004

Thomas Börkel wrote:

> HI!
>
> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Carl wrote:
>>
>>> Note that there isn't really a firmware change here, just a driver
>>> package change...
>>>

>> Are you sure about that?  I notice a HUGE difference in stability of
>> my PVR250 using the firmware from the
>>
>> pvr250_18_22035.exe as instead of the old 21288 (or which ever one
>> Jarod uses).
>

> Could you please elaborate?

Well in a nutshell the backend would crash, I'd get zero byte
recordings, recording would look like they were horribly mistuned (over
an svideo connection).   Not all at the same time or even every time.
Extracting the firmware from pvr250_18_22035.exe has led to ZERO backend
crashes, and perfect recordings every time (except for one recoding with
no audio).