[mythtv-users] Using RCA DirecTv Remote with hauppague IR receiver (mini-how to)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 19:47:45 EST 2004

You might have some better luck in doing one of these:
1. Use VCR code 0081 (at least that's what it is on
the URC-6131, and Radio Shack remotes, it might be
different).  You might get more buttons working that
way.
2. Either using VCR code 0081, or your current one
(2062), try locating and then programming in the
extended keycodes to various buttons on the remote
(that don't seem to work right).  This usually
involves a variant of keymapping, which I don't know
if the RCA remote supports or not.

Maybe one of these days, I should pick one up and see
if I can do that...  The look and feel of those RCA
remotes is better than the URC-6131 (in my opinion,
anyway).

-- Joe