[mythtv-users] Changing channels on a Motorola DCT6000 HD cable box from MythTV?

GERALD SCHEPENS schepens at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 1 17:38:05 EST 2004

On the weekend I had gone into a stereo shop for something quite unrelated to digital cable and ended up leaving with an HD cable box!  It's a Motorola DCT6000, and it has an Ethernet port as well as USB ports.  No serial port, however.  Does anyone know whether one of the ports might allow my MythTV box to change the cable channel?  (Early indications are that the Ethernet port and the USB ports are actually not active, but chances are that someone else in this list has played around with the box more extensively than me.)

If this box does have a channel-changing capability over USB or Ethernet, I have a better chance of pressing my cable provider to let me do so, since I now own the box.  In theory.  (They have previously told me that the serial port couldn't be enabled on my old DCT2000, even though the firmware rev on it did support serial comms, according to some Tivo newsgroup postings I found.)