[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250 aspect and A/V sync problems

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Mon Mar 1 15:05:04 EST 2004

List,

For a very long time I was using some early ivtv drivers and
mythtv-0.11.  This setup worked perfectly and never gave me a lick of
trouble, but recently I wanted some of the new features so I decided to
download ivtv-0.1.9, linux-2.4.25, and mythtv-0.14.  I used the latest
pvr-250 firmware from the hauppauge site and the latest v4l2 patches.

Capturing seems fine as I can play back the mpeg2 video with mplayer,
but when I watch live tv or play back a recorded video I get the video
in 480x480 resolution even though I captured it in 640x480.  This causes
the video to be perfectly square and stretched.  If I set my capture
profile to use 640x480 resolution with the 16:9 aspect ratio then
playback is right but the recorded file looks very wrong in mplayer.  I
want the capture to be right so I want to use 640x480 with the 4:3
aspect ratio.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the mythtv
player play the files correctly?

Also, I noticed that the audio sync is also slightly off, if I use the
experimental A/V sync that seems to clear it up unless I use FF then it
takes a second of playback to resync the audio.  These problems didn't
exist in mythtv-0.11 so I wonder if there is some new feature I can turn
off.

Anyone else with a pvr card noticing these problems?

Thanks,

schu