[mythtv-users] DirectFB and DVB-C almost working

Juha Pahkala juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Mon Mar 1 11:30:12 EST 2004

After some struggle I've now got my MythTV almost working with a DVB-C
card and DirectFB output. I'm using directfb from cvs and I've tried
with both 0.14 and cvs versions of myth, with the same results. I'm
using linux-2.6.3 with the kernel dvb drivers.

The problem is the picture on the tv, both watching a recoding or trying
out live-tv. The picture is...strange. Have a look at the attached
photo. The colors are somehow mixed up. But I know it's not too far off,
I've seen something like this before, but I don't remember when and in
what context. All the recordings look beautiful when watched eg. with
mplayer, so the dvb-c setup should be working. Also, I actually have one
recording, probably done when I was running myth under linux-2.4 with
older DVB drivers, that works perfectly using current mythtv with
directfb output. Pretty strange.

Anyhow, is there anybody out there....that has any idea what's going
wrong in dfb output?

TIA, juhis