[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Mar 1 08:02:29 EST 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see from post that you know how to connect directly to my backend. I
> wonderhow hard is it to connect to live tv stream.
>
> I'm asking this cause I'm thinking of posibilities to connect videolan
> client to mythbackend to stream multicast live tv stream to
> whole house
> devices - so in short - how hard is it to connect to
> mythbackend and what
> negotiation has to be made ?

It wasn't that hard to figure out how the protocol works, but it took sime
tike to get it right.

I used ethereal to capture the network traffic and I also used to run
mythbackend and frontend with -v all, that gives you most of the protocol,
but only one side of the communication (responses on backend and commands on
frontend)
I also looked at the source in mythtv to figure out how some parts was
implemented and how it was used.