[mythtv-users] Maximum recording length?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Mon Mar 1 02:47:29 EST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:42:59 +0100, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:

> I was about to set a recording for the Oscars (which for some strange
> reason airs on a sunday) which including the "red carpet" bit is
> 6+ hours,
> but mythfrontend won't let me set a recording of more than 300 minutes.
> Is
> there a technical reason for that limit or is it just one of those "big
> enough" numbers? :)

OK, since it aired on one of the channels that my tv grabber contains I
scheduled it from the program listings... however, as I discovered this
morning, it was set to record from 02:30 to 15:40. This was probably
because the Oscars was the last program for the day/night and mythtv sets
the ending time to the start of the next program - correct?

Which leads me to the question: is it possible to edit the start and end
times of a scheduled recording? Without using mysql directly? And without
mythWeb (which I will install when I have the time to make it reasonably
secure)?

/ Niklas