[mythtv-users] Which *Nvidia* card should I buy

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:04:56 EDT 2004

At 15:47 30/06/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi. You just missed a short novel I wrote on the subject.
>
>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-June/047253.html
>
>Short answer: yes, probably get the Chaintech mx440. The fx5200 has a
>decent chance of being good as well, but try and make sure you can return
>it if not.  ;)

I have to second my FX series (very very cheap MX 4000 with a passive HSF
and a TV-out I've not actually tried out yet, so can't comment on the
quality). It's got hardware MPEG2 decoding onboard that the GF4's don't
have; if you use the binary nVidia drivers, MPEG2 playback uses virtually
no CPU in my experience.