[mythtv-users]EPIA-M was Live TV Pauses

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:00:38 EDT 2004

>Isaac,
>
>Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look elswhere then. Do you or
>anyone on the list have a suggestion for a small form factor
>solution?(Thats not terribly $$ and fairly quiet)  Not only is my main
>Myth box big and noisy, I am in the process of trying to come up with a
>"small as possible" solution for a frontend. I tested running a frontend
>on my laptop and was very impressed with performance and usabilty.
>
>Eric

Personally, I'd always go for mATX. If you don't mind using proprietary
PSU's (which can be expensive/impossible to replace) you can get some very
dinky cases. If you want quietness you can grab a cheap athlon (Barton
cores tend to run cooler) and underclock it.

If you want *really* small (with little option for expandability), go for a
Shuttle barebones or one of the not-very-cheap mini-ITX boards that'll take
a P4 such as the top two boards here
http://ultim8pc.co.uk/index.asp?section=products&idd=3