[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working [Bump]

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 13:53:25 EDT 2004

>Err .... the LINX runs a layer-2 peering network. What's that got to do
>with DNS servers? They don't offer DNS services.

Sorry, I was under the impression (hearsay) that LINX was home to some high
level DNS servers; I don't really know anything about them.

>Shouldn't you be
>talking to your ISP (zen)?

My ISP is BTOpenWorld, and they refuse to offer me any support since I use
non-standard equipment, namely a (gasp!) DSL router. I'm trying to convince
the homeowner to switch to Zen, but he's not convinced a cheaper, faster,
more reliable service with static IP's and staff that actually tell you
when they're going to change the DNS addresses is worth the hassle. He's
also an "Intel are more compatible" kinda guy.</rant>