[mythtv-users] Sound controls....

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Jun 30 13:23:38 EDT 2004

Dudley Atkinson wrote:

>>This was discussed quite a bit a week or so ago - lots of links
>>
>>Search the archive.
>>
>>I don't think you can have the 350 sound go to SPDIF unless your Audigy
>>will sample the Line-in at 48KHz and send it out the S/PDIF.
>>
>>David
>>

>David, there is a bunch of stuff in the archive, but nothing that answers my
>questions.
>
>Is anyone getting the 350 output to the Audigy WITHOUT a patch cable to the
>Audigy input?  I can't tell from the posts...
>
>JD

You can't.
Myth sends the mpeg (video+sound) to the PVR350 - it then hardware
decodes it and sends the sound and video out of its wires.
(_Maybe_ the driver will allow you to 'monitor' the audio one day.)
Until then you feed the PVR350 sound back into the line-in. You then
adjust the mixer to unmute the line-in input and tell Myth to use the
master volume control, not PCM.

I have tried muting the line-in and setting it as capture and then using
arecord on the line-in piped to aplay on the (spdif) pcm.
That works nicely if you use the spdif connection for everything else
but it doesn't exactly get you a quality win!

David