[mythtv-users] Help with (suspected) bitstreaming issue - video and audio very slow

Dan Rydholm mythuser at danrydholm.com
Wed Jun 30 11:46:20 EDT 2004

Hi all --

This is my first post to a mialing list, so any guffaws or etiquette
breaches I apologize.

I'm having trouble with my Myth configuration. On watching Live TV and
recording, the video and audio seems to be playing back at a very slow
rate. All the movement is slower than normal, and the audio has been
dropped down a couple octaves and dragged out. I have rechecked my
configuration and can't find anything that would cause this, I also have
never seen this problem on any forum. If anyone has any advice, I'd be
very appreciative. Other playback on my system seems to be normal. Other
suggestions from friends have been check my i2c-core and algo-bit
modules for bitstreaming, but they are present and working. I've checked
to see if any processes are hogging CPU time, but it hovers around 2%
usage until I start Myth.//

Thanks!

My Setup:
Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.5
Myth 0.15.1, using bttv and btaudio

P4 1.8
1GB Rambus
GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Hauppage WinTVFM (Brooktree Chipset) model 401
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer
60GB IBM Deskstar
200GB Western Digital