[mythtv-users] Via CLE266 (via-slice) HW accelerationproblems(segfault)

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Wed Jun 30 11:18:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 03:07:34PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> > > You haven't said what XFree86 you are using.
> >
> > Sorry. I'm using debian-testing as a base (and adding unstable packages
> > as needed). This means XFree86 is currently 4.3.0.dsfg.1-4
> >

> Don't you need a patched XFree86?

I was under the impression that was not the case - just a suitable
via_drv (and via_dri). I thought/assumed that, as this version had a
via_drv.o driver, it was suitable .... it obviously isn't for hardware
acceleration (but I've downloaded a new one ... just the via_drv.o) and
that is showing up a problem with v4l _somewhere_.

I'm currently recompiling the kernel (with options more aligned to those
mentioned on epiawiki. My compile was already pretty close (I use
modules more and don't use dev-fs), but I think it's steered more
towards gentoo (which does use dev-fs). Still, better to work from a
base that hopefully works :^)

Cheers

Ivan
--