[mythtv-users] Via CLE266 (via-slice) HW acceleration problems(segfault)

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Wed Jun 30 09:18:10 EDT 2004

I reckon this ML hates me :( Resending without the intended XF86Config-4
file (to bring it under 40K).

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:05:40PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> >   - SSE compile flag (for EPIA-M)
>
> Any particular reason you are doing this? (just out of interest, I've never
> heard mention of it before)

Ivor mentions gcc command-line options in his "epia howto", which
includes sse. Normally "optimisations" speed up running of the code (if
there are alternative ops available).

I guess turning this off would be a good thing to try :)

> >   - patch with "viaslice: init & guide fixes" from dev ML 06/06/2004
>  > (the above patch was added to hopefully help me find the problem).
> > It segfaults (with and without the patch - the patch is more to help
> > show what the problem is).
>
> You haven't said what XFree86 you are using.

Sorry. I'm using debian-testing as a base (and adding unstable packages
as needed). This means XFree86 is currently 4.3.0.dsfg.1-4

> The one thing I've found that guarantees a segfault is not having
> libddmpeg.so installed - again you don't mention whether you have it or not.

Yes - I have the latest version. I also compiled it with debug, to be
able to give a better gdb backtrace :)

Looking back, I was probably vague as to when it segfaults. It segfaults
when I try to view any tv-related video (ie livetv, recorded tv
programmes), but works fine with mythvideo (mplayer).

I can squeeze the XF86 logfile in as an attachment.

There are various entries commented out in the XF86Config. They are
suggestions I had come across that subsequently were either not
relevant, or not suggested elsewhere. There's a lot of differing
recommendations out there!

Cheers

Ivan
--