[mythtv-users] Lots of DVB continuity errors???

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Tue Jun 29 14:07:49 EDT 2004

I have a Nova T PCI DVB card with mythtv 0.15 running, and am seeing lots of TS continuity
errors in the logs, with most channels being almost unwatchable due to constant glitching. When
using the windows software supplied with the card there are never any glitches at all.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm sure it's not related to resources, since the disk being
used as a buffer shows read speeds of 50MB/sec using "hdparm -t /dev/md1", and the system is
running with an 800Mhz Duron with 768MB RAM. Does anyone know if mythtv has implemented the DVB
inner and outer coding error correction, or if it just relies on the error correction within the
MPEG stream?

I hope to buy another DVB card soon to have a dual tuner system, and wondered if anyone could say
if they have had more or less success with cards from other manufacturers.

Thanks,

Chris Birkinshaw